Thursday, February 17, 2011

Still Here

It’s crazy how time disappears into the black hole of routine, of fierce struggles to do, more than to be.

I know, I know, time doesn’t exist. It’s just a measure of a passage, of our existence as well as of the stars’. It’s psychological.

However, as the second month of this year (not ‘new’ anymore, is it?) is approaching its end, I cannot help wondering if maybe there is some truth in all those speculations about the Schumann resonances and time speeding up.

It certainly feels galloping to me…

I do not have time…

I think with longing to the wonderful pleasure of reading your blogs, of pondering over your words and pictures, of writing comments in which to speak from my heart… I hope to be able to do it again, rather sooner than later…

In the mean time, I use every spare moment I have working on my novel. As my best friend said to me after she read a chapter, “it’s written in blood…”

So I got out of my little cave where I watch shadows on the wall, just to say “Hello!” and that I’m not dead yet, and that hope is always alive…

And to leave you with two pics from last Sunday in the local park…


The lake looks dreary but I know it's just snugly waiting for the spring to return...


And a place to get bit of maple syrup on ice to sweeten your heart...

11 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm feeling pretty time pressured these days myself. Sad to say.

the walking man said...

Time is a quantifiable property but it moves no faster or slower except in our perception.

Take me for example...I don't do anything, so I never notice time passing. My time is lazy time.

I am happy you left "your cave" if only to peek at the sun for a bit.

Fireblossom said...

I'm going to send The Chambers Brothers by to sing "Time" for you. Or maybe I'll have Henry Van Dyke recite "Time Is" for you.

Sending all good thoughts, my friend!

Naquillity said...

i've been absent from blog commenting for some time myself. been resting/ healing from surgery... doing much better now. as for time, i couldn't agree more. there's never enough time to do what one wants or needs to do, sigh. good luck with your novel. have a great day.

BernardL said...

Keep working on your novel. That's the important thing. Glad you stopped back to let us know how you're doing. :)

Rick said...

I'm with Bernard. Write away. Let reality mold around you instead of the other way around. And if you get bored with that, send me along a short story for my new web magazine, will you?

Caryn Caldwell said...

I agree - the more I want to accomplish and the more I have to do, the faster time seems to go. It can be so frustrating. Good luck with your novel!

laughingwolf said...

damn! lost my post! GRRRRRRRR

anyway, nice to 'see' you again, v :)

Akasha Savage. said...

Time. It is a writer's worst enemy. We never have enough of it. Good to know your working on your novel, I have GOT to be more disciplined with mine!! x

Geraldine said...

Oh I am so happy to read that you are working on your novel, congrats Vesper! Wonderful and continued success with your progress.

I have a lot of projects on the go too including two new blogs:

www.takeahappybreak.com
www.myreallifereviews.com

hope you will stop in when time permits, I've missed you!

Many hugs, G

Geraldine said...

PS: Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Vesper. Wishing you a very lucky day! G

www.takeahappybreak.com